Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overwhelmed

 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 
Psalm 46:10

(all emphasis placed by me)

The above verses are on my heart today.  I've been feeling very overwhelmed with all the things/decisions/thoughts that I (we) have going on right now.  Bordering on anxious... and feeling impatient for answers.  I need these verses today and everyday (especially the parts I've bolded) to remind me to place it all in God's hands and to wait (patiently).  I've been praying everyday about the direction we are meant to go with some things now that Gage is gone. Things regarding me continuing to stay home or work, Chris or I starting/restarting college courses this fall, how/when to grow our family and several other things that have been heavy on my mind and heart... All these things feel so big and huge trying to figure them out and every time Chris and I try to talk about some of them all we do is argue.  Which makes it all the more overwhelming and frustrating.  But while I've been praying on them I don't think I've been giving them completely over to God.  Something I really need to work on. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Anna. Sometimes it feels like a deluge of stuff all at once and it is SO overwhelming. Grief complicates and makes everything more challenging. It (life) doesn't seem simple in any respect anymore.

    We're praying for you, friend.

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete