Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Joy

So I started this new blog so I had a place where I felt more comfortable posting about everything in my life (that I wish to blog about that is!)... my previous blog as you might know was started when Morgan died and I was in the absolute pit of sadness....  hence a name like Empty Arms Broken Heart.  So late 2010 I decided my blogging needed a fresh start, a fresh place to talk about the happy and the sad.  Then of course we got right back to some new sad much too soon on this new blog.  But even in the middle of that sadness there is JOY.  And I thought I'd share some of it!

Our Getaway after Gage's Memorial Service

The day after Gage's memorial service Chris, Hunter and I headed out of town for a few days.  We had spent over a week without Hunter (who was staying with my Mom up north) and we just needed to get away from everything as well as spend some good quality time with him.  We went to Dubuque, Iowa.  Reasons for picking Dubuque-  1.the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium 2. less than 3 hour drive 3. relatively inexpensive to stay there.  So the first few pictures are from that trip.

Snacking in the hotel room- first time we let him handle the spoon on his own. Hotel room= we don't have to clean up the mess... just kidding- we would've but he did pretty well, the mess was contained to his face.

Petting the... fish??  :)  Looks like it doesn't it? 

Two of my boys and an octopus...  






This might have been Hunter's favorite thing to do the whole trip...   crawl in and out of the hotel room's nightstand... 
And a few random pictures from month 13 of Hunter's life...



Mama just let me get outside already!

The great blizzard of 2011...  Daddy got a snow day from work and Hunter got a few face washes but loved every minute!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. So glad you were able to get away for a bit. I think of you so often and continue to pray for God to comfort your broken heart.

    Love,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete